School trip to Shrek’s Adventure
Shrek’s Adventure! London is a brilliantly bonkers interactive and immersive walkthrough experience, where the whole family can step into and star in your own hilarious misadventure with Shrek and his DreamWorks friends.
How does it work?
The journey begins when you board the DreamWorks Tours magical flying 4D bus to Far Far Away. There you will visit Cinderella in Shrek’s swamp, bump into Puss in Boots, rescue Pinocchio from the wheel of torture and cook up a magic spell with the Muffin Man. But don’t forget to collect the special ingredients that you will need in order to find Shrek and make it back home safely!
This one of a kind misadventure explores 12 laugh-out-loud fairytale themed live shows, incorporating actors, captivating storytelling, special effects and extraordinary DreamWorks animation that allows you to see, hear, touch, smell and feel the adventure, with a good dose of Donkey’s cheekiness along the way.
Schools have been at the core of planning for Shrek’s Adventure! from the outset and their primary school offering includes awareness of story construction and familiarity with fairy tales. The attraction offers a rich environment for inspiring pupils’ active imaginations and curriculum based learning. So much so this had been recognised by the Council for Learning Outside the Classroom. The LOtC Quality Badge offers teachers a guarantee that not only is a venue providing the sort of educational value that they can build on in class long after the visit but they also have the appropriate risk management structures in place.
KS1-KS2 pupils have the opportunity to learn:
- To identify the features and themes of different genres, including fairy tales.
- To understand that stories are developed with a beginning, a middle and an end.
- To explore the process of characterisation and of building characters
- To infer characters’ thoughts, feelings and actions through performance
- To use role-play and performance to convey meaning in different text types
VAK Learning Styles
The attraction aids in learning through the following:
- Storytelling is brought to life through live performance
- Pupils can identify with a timeline of events as they journey through the attraction
- Each live show will surround a pupil in colour, design and amazing special effects
- A magical DreamWorks Bus will enable pupils to experience 4D cinema.
- Actors will engage and guide the pupils through the story with spoken instructions
- Pupils can experience changes in the story direction through tone of voice
- Pupils can speak out and participate in the story including a sing-a-long with Princess Fiona
- Each live show will enhance the senses with sound effects
- Pupils will actively get involved in storytelling with 10 walkthrough interactive live shows
- Changes in story direction will aid in keeping a pupils mind focused
- Pupils can engage with the interactive live sets through live quizzes, tasks and problem solving
- Each live show on average is 6 minutes and will keep the story moving.