School trip to Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm
Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm is a family-owned zoo set on a working farm in 100 acres of beautiful, peaceful North Somerset countryside located just 6 miles to the south of Bristol.
The zoo welcomes over 200,000 visitors a year and has an exciting, large animal collection of over one hundred species which includes African elephants, giraffes, lions, a tiger, rhinos and spectacled bears. The original hands-on approach has continued and today visitors enjoy close encounters with some amazing animals.
Bring Your Class to Zoo School
Educational field trips are a great way to learn and a day out at Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm can provide great learning opportunities for all ages and abilities.
Their ‘Learning Outside the Classroom’ accredited Education Programme offers an extensive variety of teaching sessions and learning resources to help you communicate the National Curriculum in a fun, exciting environment.
They offer a comprehensive range of workshops, all delivered with a hands-on focus which offers the opportunity to meet exciting animals up close!
Free Teacher Visits
If you are a teacher and are considering bringing a school or nursery group to Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm, why not join them for a free familiarisation visit.
These visits are available all year round, Monday-Saturday. You’ll have the chance to pick up an education pack, take a tour of the site and see all of the facilities on offer. You can also arrange to meet with the Education Team to discuss your school visit if you wish.
Things the Zoo has to offer
- Free educational Animal Show in the indoor arena, featuring live farm animals
- Selection of workshops linked to the National Curriculum in the indoor classroom
- Keeper talks including a Meerkat Talk and Big Cat Talk
- Fun, bumpy and educational tractor rides at £1 per child
- Hands-on approach to the animals; children can meet animals up close after the animal show and in their show pens/ animal village. Opportunity to buy food for many of their hoofstock animals
- Farmyard animals as well as the Big Zoo animals: Giraffes, Rhinos, Zebras, Bears, Tigers, Lions, Lemurs, Gibbons, Birds of Prey, Camels and many, many more…
- Comprehensive Teacher and Group Leader downloadable resources, including Teaching Ideas sheets
- Pre and post-visit teaching resources available on request
- The Ark Exhibition – an optional, informative exhibit looking at the scientific and geological evidence in support of the biblical tale of Noah’s Ark
The zoo facilities include
- A wide selection of Big Zoo animals to see and enjoy
- Huge adventure playgrounds, indoor and outdoor
- Great value Educational Workshops
- Free Coach Parking, free entry and complimentary cafe voucher for the driver
- Souvenirs and refreshments from the shop and cafe
- Free daily talks from our animal keepers
- Free familiarisation visit for teachers
- Downloadable Risk Assessment and teaching resources
- Large indoor and outdoor picnic areas
- First Aiders always available
- Health and Safety Guidance Notes
- Free teachers at a ratio of 1:6
- Use of their lunchbox storage room
Please contact their Education Team on 01275 852606 or email Paula.Takle@noahsarkzoofarm.co.uk for further details.