School trip to the Eden Project
Their visitor destination in Cornwall, UK, is nestled in a huge crater with massive Biomes housing the largest rainforest in captivity, stunning plants, exhibitions and stories.
Feel the tropical heat in their stunning Rainforest Biome and experience four of the world’s rainforest environments: Tropical Islands, Southeast Asia, West Africa and Tropical South America.
With the awe-inspiring domes and enormous trees towering above you, you’ll follow the path deep into their vast indoor jungle and find surprises around every corner.
Rainforest Canopy Walkway
The Rainforest Canopy Walkway offers breathtaking views across the Biome, and helps explain the importance of rainforests. The new Weather Maker section is now open and includes a rope bridge, a cloud bridge and an immersive exhibit where you can shelter from tropical rain storms.
Invisible Worlds is a major new permanent exhibition that reveals the world beyond our senses: too big, too small, too fast, too slow, too far away in space and time.
What was once a sterile clay mine is now a vibrant global garden, brimming with plants, sculptures and play equipment.
Explore miles of paths that twist and turn up and down the slopes of the pit. You’ll get breathtaking views of the Biomes and discover gardens and landscapes featuring everything from beautiful ornamental flowers to crops used for medicine, fuels, materials and food.
And so much more…
All their school visits include:
- access to the inspirational Eden site for the day
- a personal welcome from the Education Team at the entrance
- a base for your bags in our purpose-built education centre, The Core
- a space to eat your own lunch
- free entry for accompanying adult helpers, whose participation is essential to the success of the day (please note their suggested adult/pupil ratios are as follows: Early years foundation stage, 1:3; KS1, 1:6; KS2, KS3, KS4 and KS5, 1:10).
- a free preparatory visit to Eden for teachers with a confirmed booking who would like to plan their school trip
YHA Eden Project is the most convenient place to stay for your school trip to Eden and also provides a great base for your exploration of the wider Cornwall area.
- Walking distance to Eden
- Suitable for school groups
- Residential activity packages available
Staying in their Youth Hostel is a unique experience for your students – it is made from shipping containers, in keeping with their ethos of sustainable living. It has 174 beds in 58 modern en-suite bedrooms, and they welcome school groups of all sizes.