School trip to Cadbury World
Based in Birmingham and set within the historic suburb of Bournville, Cadbury World offers a unique experience that gives a fascinating insight into the rich heritage of the nation’s favourite chocolate brand. A variety of zones showcase the history, chocolate making, and also include the 4D Chocolate Adventure cinema experience.
Tour Cadbury World
With over 29 years’ experience and more than 2,000 school groups attending each year, Cadbury World offers a unique experience that gives fascinating insight into the rich heritage of the nation’s favourite chocolate brand. A variety of zones showcase their history, chocolate making, and now include the 4D Chocolate Adventure cinema experience. They look forward to welcoming your group to Cadbury World for a day full of chocolatey discovery!
Add a curriculum-linked Educational Session to your trip
To complement your visit to Cadbury World, their professionally trained education team offer a variety of educational sessions which are linked to the curriculum for key stages 1 – 5. Talks and workshops are available in their dedicated education rooms every day during term time and free resources are available to download at www.cadburyworld.co.uk
Key Stage 1 & 2
For KS1 & 2 they offer sessions to support curriculum topics including The Aztecs, The Maya, Victorians, Design and Technology and ‘Bean to Bar’ which explores the process of manufacturing chocolate.
Starting in the Maya Kingdom of Meso America of the Aztecs and travelling right to present day, exciting Cadbury World education sessions can whisk pupils on an exciting journey of discovery as they uncover the fascinating ancient civilisation of The Aztecs or The Maya.
Discover the origins of the cocoa bean as students follow it on its journey through history.
Learn about the evolution of Cadbury, from John Cadbury’s very first shop to modern day production at the factory. Plus, students can dress up as a modern-day factory worker or an Aztec leader as they get the chance to see real cocoa beans and chocolate making moulds from the Cadbury factory.
New for Key Stage 2 Design and Technology students, a brand-new workshop.
Pupils can take a closer look at the fascinating process of new product development at Cadbury and work together to make their own chocolate wrapper.
Typical school visit
- Arrival on your coach to Bournville, with free coach parking and admission for your driver.
- Enjoy the main attraction and journey through their chocolatey zones, lasting around 1.5hrs. Support this with some of their free resources (Please be at reception 10 minutes before your admission time to the main attraction).
- Enjoy your packed lunch by the outdoor play area either at picnic benches or under the cover of their marquee. Lunch can also be purchased in the Cadbury Café.
- Expand your knowledge with a 1 hour interactive topic talk by member of their dedicated education team. Visit the Primary or Secondary pages for further information about the talks available.
- Take the 4D Chocolate Adventure cinema experience, complete with motion seats!
How to book your visit to Cadbury World
The Cadbury World education team will contact you within 5 working days to confirm your booking.
Cadbury World have been awarded the LOtC quality badge and offers a host of benefits and discounts for groups, including free teacher preview visit and admission. Facilities include free parking for coaches, picnic areas, outdoor play area and self-service restaurant.